UPDATE TO EMPLOYEES: WHEN TO CALL CP’S COVID-19 RESOURCE LINE AND INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19 VACCINES
As COVID-19 case numbers rise in Canada and the U.S., and with the emergence of new COVID-19 variants, we want to remind employees that all of CP's pandemic policies in workplaces, offices and resthouses remain in effect.
Employees must continue to follow the CP 7. Face coverings must be worn when indoors, and employees are encouraged to wear face coverings when outdoors and unable to maintain physical distancing.
Employees are expected to stay home if sick and call CP's COVID-19 resource line as outlined below. Employees are not permitted back to the workplace until cleared by Disability Management.
Employees must call the resource line if:
- they test positive for COVID-19;
- they have a household member who has tested positive for COVID-19; or
- they have signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or are unsure.
Employees do not have to call if:
- a household member is sick or restricted from school or work;
- their illness is not related to COVID-19. o
- Employees must notify their manager and follow the disability management policies and procedures for any medical illness or injury that is not related to COVID-19. Visit CP Station > Employees > Disability Management.
CP's COVID-19 resource line: 403-319-4767 or 1-855-830-4493
Public health authorities across the CP network are recommending that individuals get vaccinated against COVID19. All CP employees are encouraged to speak with their local health care provider or public health authority about COVID-19 vaccines to make an informed decision. For more information on vaccinations, please click here or visit CP Station > News & Community > COVID-19 Response > CP News > April > Vaccine eligibility.
It is important employees understand how their vaccination status may impact the legal requirement to isolate if they have been exposed to COVID-19.
CP is engaging with government officials to discuss the Canadian federal government's recent announcement concerning mandatory vaccines for employees in federally regulated industries. The Pandemic Team continues to monitor the situation closely, and will provide updates to employees should policies change.
To view all the policies CP has implemented in response to COVID-19, please click here or visit CP Station > News & Community > COVID-19 Response.