GATHERING OUR TOOLS: LEARNING HOW WE WORK,
LEARNING HOW WE ACT!
BURLINGTON SYSTEM DIVISION 2023 ANNUAL SEMINAR
WHEN: March 22-24, 2023
WHERE: Embassy Suites Downtown/Old Market, 555 S 10th St., Omaha, NE
Our members will come together from all across the Burlington System Division to engage in a jam-packed training event that will provide them with skills and tools they can take back to their local Lodges or their work locations. Our members will help our Brothers, our Sisters, and our Families as we strengthen our Union! Events and guests currently planned include:
- Training on Understanding the Railway Labor Act.
- National Division officers and staff.
- Guests from other System Divisions and Federations of the BMWED.
- Workshops on Claims & Grievances.
- Tips and Resources to navigate filing for Medical Leaves of Absence, RUIA/RRB Sickness Benefits, bargained Sickness Benefits, and optional Plans.
- Information on your rights and responsibilities under the Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA) if you're injured at work!
- Discussion sessions with our bargained healthcare benefit providers!
- Information on optional job insurance or benefit plans.
- Open forums and Q&As with your System officers and invited guests.
- Information on RRB benefits, annuities, and getting ready for retirement.
- Hands-on work and learning for how to organize your Lodge or work location to focus on ACTION!
If you are interested in attending this year's Seminar, all Burlington System Division members are welcome to join! Reach out to your local Lodge officers, or attend your local Lodge meeting, to learn more about what expenses will be covered or reimbursed for your taking time away from work, traveling, and attending our Seminar. If you have questions, you can also reach out to your Vice General Chairman, your General Chairman, or your System staff to learn more!
As we pin down our plans and agenda for our 2023 Seminar, you can find more information and resources here! We also intend to add supplementary readings, web links, and other tools to this page to give our members and Seminar attendees a bigger toolbox they can use at their Lodge or on their Gang!
You can also find out more by visiting our Facebook page!
Join us this March in Omaha! Learn how we Work. Learn how we Act!
SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT LETTER
(SENT TO BURLINGTON SYSTEM DIVISION LOCAL LODGE OFFICERS DECEMBER 6, 2022)
-- NOTE! THE FOLLOWING LINKS WILL BE UPDATED REGULARLY, ADDING MATERIALS AND RESOURCES AS THEY ARE DEVELOPED FOR THE SEMINAR. CHECK BACK REGULARLY FOR UPDATES! LAST UPDATE JAN. 18, 2023--
UNDERSTANDING THE RAILWAY LABOR ACT
NAVIGATING A MEDICAL LEAVE OF ABSENCE
UNDERSTANDING BARGAINED HEALTHCARE BENEFITS
YOUR TRACK TO HEALTH - HEALTHCARE BENEFITS RESOURCE SITE
UNDERSTANDING SICKNESS LEAVE & BENEFITS
CLAIMS, GRIEVANCES, & APPEALS
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT CLAIMS - A QUICK GUIDE
SUPPORTING A CLAIM - BETTER WITNESS STATEMENTS
CLAIM HANDLING TIMELINE - CLAIMS, APPEALS, ARBITRATION
THE FEDERAL EMPLOYERS LIABILITY ACT (FELA)
BURLINGTON SYSTEM DIVISION FELA RESOURCE PAGE
RAILROAD RETIREMENT BOARD WEBSITE AT rrb.gov
HOLDING MORE EFFECTIVE LODGE MEETINGS
PARLIAMENTARY PROCEDURE - ROBERT'S RULES OF ORDER
QUICK GUIDE TO MORE EFFECTIVE MEETINGS
AFL-CIO GUIDE "HOW TO RUN A UNION MEETING"
Page Last Updated: Jan 18, 2023 (12:27:15)